The movement community deals with the intersections of medical and sports technologies. Fields such as prevention, health promotion and corporate health management are dealt with in an interdisciplinary manner here.
- Professional exchange on subjects of interest.
- Initialisation of new projects between science and business
- Leveraging synergy effects between companies
- Service providers in the areas of health care and prevention
- Manufacturers and providers of products in the areas of healthcare and prevention
- Professorships, institutions and research facilities working in the areas of sports, sports science, health promotion, prevention and industrial medicine
The increase in chronic diseases and demographic change have caused the costs in our health system to increase, and this has lead to dramatic socio-political consequences. Movement is the best precaution to avoid having to provide reactive treatment of diseases by applying a biopsychosocial approach to proactive health promotion. The Community of Practice includes projects that deal with this matter and try to promote movement activities.
You can find further information on the pilot project "Systematic OHM" here.
Prof. Dr. Dr. Matthias Lochmann
Chair for Sport and Exercise Medicine, FAU
Tel: +49 9131/8525201
Medical Valley Contact